Isn’t it great to see new places, meet new people and discover diverse yet interesting cultures (although packing and being on a long flight is a hassle)? Although quite impossible to realize, to travel the world is common in many people’s bucket list. And to be honest, I am one of these people. The problem is there are many factors that hinder us from taking a trip: daily chores at home, busy schedule at work, and financial issues, among others. However, do we know that according to clinical studies, traveling is proven to be good for the mind and body? Read on to know what the health benefits of traveling are. For sure, after reading the entire article, you will book a trip at once.
- Taking a vacation lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Travel promotes brain health.
- Travel improves a person’s problem-solving capacities.
- The money spent on traveling makes a person happier than any amount spent to buy material things.
- Travel helps people who are suffering from depression.
- Travel increases the level of intimacy among couples.
- Travel makes a person more creative and smart.
- Men who fail to travel at least once a year are more at risk to heart diseases and death.
- Women who do not travel at least twice a year are more prone to heart attack.
- Traveling improves blood circulation as it requires people to stay active.
- Traveling promotes a positive outlook in life.
- Traveling creates good memories.
- Women who travel at least twice a year are less likely to suffer from depression.
- Traveling, as a form of break from work, refreshes brain cells.
- Employees feel better about their jobs and become more productive after taking a vacation.
- Traveling promotes healthy aging.
- Traveling avoids monotony; it is a good way to easily embrace change. (Think of giving yourself a makeover!)
- Meeting new people, which is expected when traveling, helps a person adjust to his attitude.
- There is socialization when traveling. This is a good therapy especially for introverts.
- TRAVELING LETS YOU LIVE LIFE, THE HAPPY AND ADVENTUROUS WAY!
I would like to end this article by sharing my favorite quote about travel: “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
- Health Benefit #1 – #7 : buzzfeed.com
- Health Benefit #8 – #9: latimes.com
- Health Benefit #10 – #12: disabled-world.com
- Health Benefit #13 – #15: usatoday.com
- Health Benefit #16: globalcoalitiononaging.com
- Health Benefit #17 – #19: askmen.com